Following Gabor’s lead, I have decided to periodically post links to my favorite YAPC presentations. You should definitely follow Gabor’s PerlTV which probably will be updated far more often than my blog.
- Ease of creating new drivers
- Uniform support for namespaces
- Automatic serialization of keys and values
- Multilevel caches
- Probabilistic expiration and busy locks, to reduce cache miss stampedes
- Optional logging and statistics collection of cache activity
This presentation by Jonathan Swartz at YAPC::NA 2012 explains why you really should consider using CHI instead of any of the numerous caching modules on CPAN.